There are several of instructions of how to do this, including:
Can I use xscreensaver "hacks" with gnome-screensaver? and
Add xscreensaver to gnome-screensaver in Fedora Core 6. But their information is somewhat outdated.
Here is my instruction for F-13, referencing this post:
- Install xscreensaver-<whateveryyoulike>. (You do want the richness of xscreensaver savers, don't you? :-) )
# yum install "xscreensaver-<whateveryyoulike>"
- link the xscreensavers binary to gnome-screensaver
# ln -si /usr/libexec/xscreensaver/* /usr/libexec/gnome-screensaver/
-iis for interactive, there is one saver which exists in both gnome-screensaver and xscreensaver.
- Download the migrate-xscreensaver-config.sh script for migrating xscreensaver to gnome-screensaver, as well as the xsl file it needs. ,
- Assuming you put these files in
chomd +x /tmp/migrate-xcreensaver-config.sh
- Convert xscreensaver config files (.xml) to gnome-screensaver config files (.desktop):
# /tmp/misgrate-xscreensaver-config.sh \ /usr/share/xscreensaver/config/*.xml
- Restart X server. This can be done by logout-login if you are using GDM or KDM.
- That should be it.